About Me

My photo
Hello! I'm a writer from central New York who has bipolar disorder. Among other topics, I write about mental illness and writing. I have short stories published in Lynx Eye, Lost Coast Review, The Outrider Review, Sliver of Stone Magazine, The Mondegreen, The Linnet's Wings, Cobalt Review, Breath & Shadow, The Round Up, Postscripts to Darkness, Masque & Spectacle, and several other journals. I have essays about mental illness in The Ram Boutique and Amygdala Literary Magazine, and an essay in Parts Unbound: Narratives of Mental Illness & Health, a book that was published by Lime Hawk Literary Arts Collective. In December of 2016, The Mondegreen nominated my story "Santa Lucia" for a Pushcart Prize. I've written a novel entitled Purple Loosestrife and a novel entitled Hoping It Might Be So, both of which I am submitting to agents and publishers. I'm working on a novel called Dark and Bright as well as a book called Violets Are Blue: Essays About My Bipolar Life. I have a B.A. in English from SUNY Buffalo and an M.A. in English from SUNY College at Brockport. I hope you enjoy your visit to my blog!

Monday, May 7, 2012

Some of My Favorite Books

In no particular order, here are some of my favorite books (I say some because I'm sure there are some that I've left out for not thinking of them):

Thomas Mann's Death in Venice
Samuel Beckett's Waiting for Godot
Kazuo Ishiguro's Never Let Me Go
Shirley Jackson's We Have Always Lived in the Castle
Ernest Hemingway's Garden of Eden
Annie Proulx's Brokeback Mountain
J.D. Salinger's Raise High the Roof Beam, Carpenters and Seymour: An Introduction
David Eagleman's Sum: Forty Tales from the Afterlives
J.D. Salinger's Nine Stories
J.D. Salinger's Franny and Zooey
Shirley Jackson's The Lottery and Other Stories
Geoffrey Chaucer's The Canterbury Tales
Shirley Jackson's The Sundial
David Nicholls's One Day
Ernest Hemingway's A Farewell to Arms
David Leavitt's While England Sleeps
James Baldwin's Giovanni's Room
Shirley Jackson's The Haunting of Hill House
Stephen King's The Stand
Jon Krakauer's Into the Wild
Daphne du Maurier's Rebecca
Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness
Roddy Doyle's Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha
Ray Bradbury's The Martian Chronicles
Ernest Hemingway's The Sun Also Rises
Nevil Shute's On the Beach
Kate Chopin's The Awakening
Michael Crichton's The Andromeda Strain
Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale
Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass
David Lindley's Where Does the Weirdness Go?: Why Quantum Mechanics Is Strange but Not as Strange as You Think
Simon Rich's Ant Farm and Other Desperate Situations

No comments:

Post a Comment