About Me

My photo
Hello! I'm a writer from central New York who has bipolar disorder. Among other topics, I write about mental illness and writing. I have short stories published in Lynx Eye, Lost Coast Review, The Outrider Review, Sliver of Stone Magazine, The Mondegreen, The Linnet's Wings, Cobalt Review, Breath & Shadow, The Round Up, Postscripts to Darkness, and several other journals. I have essays about mental illness in The Ram Boutique and Amygdala Literary Magazine, and an essay in Parts Unbound: Narratives of Mental Illness & Health, a book that was published by Lime Hawk Literary Arts Collective. In December of 2016, The Mondegreen nominated my story "Santa Lucia" for a Pushcart Prize. I've written a novel entitled Purple Loosestrife and a novel entitled Hoping It Might Be So, both of which I am submitting to agents and publishers. I'm working on a novel called Dark and Bright as well as a book called Violets Are Blue: Essays About My Bipolar Life. I have a B.A. in English from SUNY Buffalo and an M.A. in English from SUNY College at Brockport. I hope you enjoy your visit to my blog!

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Darkness Falls Early

Well, now that we've set the clocks back an hour, it's not even 5 p.m. in central New York and it's already getting dark. It's dusk, one of my favorite times of day. I don't mind the early darkness for a few months. It doesn't last year round, and while it's here, there's a chance to be cozy inside, or to take a brisk walk outside, or simply to enjoy the atmosphere of winter coming on. It also gives me an impetus to write more because there's less to do outside and less daylight to do it in. So Happy Daylight Savings Time, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment