About Me

My photo
Hello! I'm a writer from central New York who has bipolar disorder. Among other topics, I write about mental illness and writing. I have short stories published in Lynx Eye, Lost Coast Review, The Outrider Review, Sliver of Stone Magazine, The Mondegreen, The Linnet's Wings, Cobalt Review, Breath & Shadow, The Round Up, Postscripts to Darkness, Masque & Spectacle, and several other journals. I have essays about mental illness in The Ram Boutique and Amygdala Literary Magazine, and an essay in Parts Unbound: Narratives of Mental Illness & Health, a book that was published by Lime Hawk Literary Arts Collective. In December of 2016, The Mondegreen nominated my story "Santa Lucia" for a Pushcart Prize. I've written a novel entitled Purple Loosestrife and a novel entitled Hoping It Might Be So, both of which I am submitting to agents and publishers. I'm working on a novel called Dark and Bright as well as a book called Violets Are Blue: Essays About My Bipolar Life. I have a B.A. in English from SUNY Buffalo and an M.A. in English from SUNY College at Brockport. I hope you enjoy your visit to my blog!

Monday, March 11, 2013

Title Change

I've changed the title of my flash fiction story "Bobby Bouillon" to "A Good Boy's Tale". It was pointed out to me by one of my readers--a Professor of English Emeritus with a Ph.D. in English and Linguistics (who also happens to be my dad)--that the story is somewhat Chaucerian. I agree, and since I did my master's thesis on Chaucer's Canterbury Tales, it seemed fitting that I should name my story something in keeping with its Chaucerian form.

The tale is about Kip, a good boy who falls under the influence of a boy named Bobby Bouillon. I intend to have it critiqued by my writers group and then look for good places to submit it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment