About Me

My photo
Hello! I'm a writer from central New York who has bipolar disorder. Among other topics, I write about mental illness and writing. I have short stories published in Lynx Eye, Lost Coast Review, The Outrider Review, Sliver of Stone Magazine, The Mondegreen, The Linnet's Wings, Cobalt Review, Breath & Shadow, The Round Up, Postscripts to Darkness, and several other journals. I have essays about mental illness in The Ram Boutique and Amygdala Literary Magazine, and an essay in Parts Unbound: Narratives of Mental Illness & Health, a book that was published by Lime Hawk Literary Arts Collective. In December of 2016, The Mondegreen nominated my story "Santa Lucia" for a Pushcart Prize. I've written a novel entitled Purple Loosestrife and a novel entitled Hoping It Might Be So, both of which I am submitting to agents and publishers. I'm working on a novel called Dark and Bright as well as a book called Violets Are Blue: Essays About My Bipolar Life. I have a B.A. in English from SUNY Buffalo and an M.A. in English from SUNY College at Brockport. I hope you enjoy your visit to my blog!

Thursday, October 2, 2014

"The Adirondack Room" Is Available

My short story "The Adirondack Room" is available in the new October issue of The Round Up Writers Zine (The Round Up Writer's Zine, Volume 2-1, October 2014).

This was a fun story to write. It's about a place called the Adirondack Room and what happens there in all the room's splendor. Who is Ben and what happens to his toupee? What's happening in the Nevada desert while the unnamed narrator is in the Adirondack Room eating fondue and drinking pink ladies? What happens in Browncroft, Pennsylvania?

You can go to the journal's website and click on "Download". This will open up a .pdf of the journal on your computer. My story is on page 24. Happy reading!

3 comments:

  1. You should write about how you came up with the title! Maybe someone can solve the mystery...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, maybe someone from Rochester will know what the Adirondack Room actually is! I will write about it.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete